UPLOADING PHOTOS TO SFARC
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. By default, the Sierra Foothills Amateure Radio Club (SFARC) webmasters strip photo metadata before images are published.
DOES SFARC SHARE OR STORE ANY DATA?
- The SFARC website only passes an SKU to PayPal or Square when an item is purchased from the storefront. No other data is shared.
- SFARC stores all messages sent through the website.
- If you have a login and password for the site, we set several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
DOES SFARC STORE MY CREDIT CARD DATA?
No, SFARC uses reputable payment processors to conduct transactions. A payment processor is a vendor businesses use to manage the logistics of accepting card payments. It shuttles card data from wherever customers tap, swipe or enter their card details to the payment networks — such as Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover — and banks involved in the transaction.
SFARC TAKES YOUR SECURITY AND PERSONAL INFORMATION SERIOUSLY
We do not sell or share personal information to third parties for monetary consideration; however, we may disclose certain personal information to third parties under circumstances that might be deemed a “sale” or ”Sharing” for residents of California (DNSMPI and CPRA). We respect and understand that you may want to be sure that your personal information is not being sold or shared. You may request that we exclude your personal information from such arrangements, or direct us to limit the use and disclosure of possible sensitive personal information, by entering your name and email address below. You may need to provide additional identifying information before we can process your request. We accomplish this by the use of online forms. If you do not wish to use our contact forms, you are welcome to write the club directly at:
Sierra Foothills Amateur Radio Club
P.O. Box 6421
Auburn, CA 95604
When you visit our website it can be necessary to store and/or read certain data from your device by using technologies such as cookies.
2.1 TECHNICAL OR FUNCTIONAL COOKIES
Some cookies ensure that certain parts of the website work properly and that your user preferences remain known. By placing functional cookies, we make it easier for you to visit our website. This way, you do not need to repeatedly enter the same information when visiting our website and, for example, the items remain in your shopping cart until you have paid. We may place these cookies without your consent.
2.2 STATISTICS COOKIES
We use statistics cookies to optimize the website experience for our users. With these statistics cookies we get insights in the usage of our website.
2.3 PLACED COOKIES
The technologies used on the website have a function, a purpose, and an expiration period.
- A function is a particular task a technology has. So a function can be to “store certain data.”
- The purpose is “the Why” behind the function. Maybe the data is stored because it is needed for statistics.
- The expiration period shows the length of the period the used technology can “store or read certain data.”
- Google reCAPTCHA
- Google Analytics
- Google Fonts
3. ENABLING/DISABLING COOKIES
You can use your internet browser to automatically or manually delete cookies. You can also specify that certain cookies may not be placed. Another option is to change the settings of your internet browser so that you receive a message each time a cookie is placed. For more information about these options, please refer to the instructions in the help section of your browser.
** Please note that our website may not work properly if all cookies are disabled. If you do delete the cookies in your browser, they will be placed again after your consent when you visit our websites again. **
4. YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO PERSONAL DATA
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- you may submit a request for access to the data we process about you;
- you may object to the processing;
- you may request an overview, in a commonly used format, of the data we process about you;
- you may request correction or deletion of the data if it is incorrect or not or no longer relevant, or to ask to restrict the processing of the data.
5. CONTACT DETAILS